Through individuals and corporations who are given the opportunity to redirect their state tax liabilities towards education, STO4KIDZ in-turn utilizes these tax contributions to provide scholarships for qualifying private school students in Arizona. Enabling families to enroll their children at their school of choice which best meets the needs of each individual child.
Please read the outline below prior to starting your application.
- Parent/Guardian must submit one application per student every school year for all four types of scholarship awards: (Individual Original & Switcher, Corporate Low Income & Disabled/ Displaced)
- Application(s) expire May 31st of each school year.
- All required documents must be uploaded along with the application.
- After submitting your student(s) application, an automated copy will be sent to the email listed on the application.
- Our Award Committee can only consider complete applications for scholarship.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of your student's application. If you need to update your information, please email Info@sto4kidz.org
- You will be notified by email once your application has been processed.
- Please do not contact us to see if your application has been received or processed prior to August 30th. Thank you for your support.
- STO4KIDZ MUST verify your student's enrollment and tuition balance with your private school. (Tuition balance after any discount or school-scholarship has been applied to your student's account) You MUST give permission to your child's school to release tuition balance information to STO4KIDZ. Submitting your application is your acknowledgment. Please contact us if you need help or have questions.
Required documentation for your student application:
- Income verification such as a copy of your CURRENT year tax return, 1099, W2, or approved DES, or USDA free/reduced meal, rental income, or pension income, OR 2 current consecutive pay-stubs, (if submitting pay-stubs, you MUST also submit 2 current consecutive bank statements).
- Public /Charter school attendance verification (If applicable),
- Prior Corporate/Switcher/Original award verification from other STOs (If applicable),
- Copy of the Arizona military order (If applicable),
- IEP/MET document (If applicable),
- Displaced (foster child) student verification and release form. (If applicable)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION TIMELINES FOR EACH SEMESTER. (Online application will close after each timeline)
- May 1 - July 1 AND
- November 1 - December 1
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD TIMELINE:
- Contributions/ Donations are accepted throughout the year. Minimum ninety percent of funds received by the 15th of each month are awarded as scholarships at the end of the same month (Beginning August 30 - April 30 of each school year).
- All K-12 students can be recommended by Individual donors.
- Individual Original & Switcher awards: Monthly, (beginning August 31 through April 30 of each school year).
- Corporate Low-Income & Disabled/Displaced awards: Twice a Year, , August 31, & December 21. (December date may vary each year)
You will receive an email each time your student(s) is awarded a scholarship and fund has been sent to the school.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
- Application is now closed for the 1st semester of 2020-21.
- If you missed our deadline, submit your application(s) on November 1 -December 1, for the remainder of 2020-21 school year.