2021/22 Application Reopens:
November 1 - December 1, 2021
WHEN TO SUBMIT A SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION:
- April 15 - June 1 OR
- November 1 - December 1
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD TIMELINES:
- Individual Recommended "Original and Switcher" awards: Monthly (beginning August 31 through April 30 of each school year).
- Corporate Low-Income and Disabled/Displaced awards: Twice a year, August and December.
- Contributions/ Donations are accepted throughout the year.
- All K-12 students can be recommended by Individual donors.
- A minimum ninety percent of funds received by the 15th of each month are awarded as scholarships at the end of the same month (Beginning August 31 - April 30 of each school year).
- Parent/Guardian must submit one application each school year per student. Application is good for all four types of scholarship awards: Individual Original, Switcher, Corporate Low Income, and Disabled/Displaced.
- Applications expire on May 31st of each school year.
- After submitting your student's application(s), an automated copy will be sent to the email listed on the application.
- If you need to update your information, email us at Info@sto4kidz.org. Do not submit multiple copies of your student's application.
- If your child(ren) receives a tuition discount from the school, list the tuition amount due after the discount has been applied to your child(ren) annual tuition fee.)
- All required documents must be uploaded when submitting application.
- STO4KIDZ MUST verify your student's enrollment and tuition balance with your private school. Submitting your application is your acknowledgment.
Please contact us if you need help or have questions.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE UPLOADED WITH APPLICATION TO VERIFY YOUR STUDENT ELIGIBILITY WITH US:
- 2020 tax return form 1040 pages 1 & 2, Schedule 1, E, C
NOTE: If you DO NOT file taxes for any reason, then you MUST provide all applicable documents such as listed below at the time of submitting your student's application.
- Social Security benefit statements
- Welfare benefit statements (DES)
- Retirement benefit statements
- Proof of child support or alimony
- If household income has changed, must also upload the last two (2) most recent consecutive paystubs for all income earners in the household
- If applicable: rental income, pension income, or an additional income
- If necessary, you may upload a letter further explaining your financial situation.
OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, IF APPLICABLE:
NOTE: One or more of these documents are required if applying for Switcher and/or Corporate Tuition Tax Credit awards.
- IEP/MET document
- Copy of the active Arizona military order
- Public/Charter school attendance verification. (See form below)
- Prior Corporate/Switcher/Original award verification from other STOs (See form below)
- Displaced (foster child) student verification form (See form below)
- NEW! Transfer verification along with supporting documents for students who home-schooled directly prior to attending an AZ private school, OR students who cancelled their ESA accounts, OR students who moved to AZ before enrolling into a qualified private school. (See form below)
You will receive an email each time your student(s) is awarded a scholarship and the fund has been sent to the school.