Scholarship for John Williams!
I hope that you and your family have stayed safe during this unpredictable time!
It's that time of year again- tax time! What if I told you that Arizona gave you the option of where your tax dollars go? You can allocate your tax dollars to create a scholarship for John. This is not a donation, it's a tax credit- this is money that you are already paying to your Arizona state income taxes. IT'S A TAX CREDIT THAT DOES NOT COST ANYTHING TO YOU!
John will be in 1st grade at St. John XXIII Catholic School. We are really excited for John to belong to a community of faith, dedicated to teaching the whole child by providing him with a Catholic education that promotes academic excellence, quality of character, social responsibility, and spiritual growth all while becoming the living example of God's love to others.
The state of Arizona offers a great opportunity to its taxpayers to allocate a portion of their tax liabilities towards private education without any out-of-pocket cost. It is a wonderful law that allows every taxpayer to decide how their tax dollars are spent. If a person files as a Single, can allocate anywhere from $1 to $1,183.00, or if filing married or jointly can allocate anywhere from $1 to $2,365.00 and receive dollar-for-dollar credit for the 2020 tax year and you can donate again (if you choose) for the 2021 tax year. There is NO MINIMUM AMOUNT FOR THIS TAX CREDIT.
Chuck and I are re-directing our income taxes to assist another family since we can't utilize it directly for John.
Here's how it works.
- You can contribute online through April 15, 2021, or print and fill out the form and mail it to STO4KIDZ with a check. You can take the tax credit even if you plan to file for an extension, as long as you contribute through April 15th, 2021. (Please select A+B sections, recommending John Williams)
- STO4KIDZ applies the scholarship directly to John Kennon Williams at St. John XXIII Catholic School.
- When you file your taxes, claim a private school tuition tax credit for the amount contributed. STO4DIKZ will provide you a tax receipt with detailed information on how to claim your tax credit.
- The State of Arizona provides a credit against your state taxes for 100% of your contribution up to $2,365 if married filing jointly/ & $1,183 if filing single, or your actual tax liability,
* If you are a non-Arizona residence, or would like to make a charitable donation to help us lower John's tuition, you can donate online here or print the donation form here mail it along with your check to STO4KIDZ. Your donation is 100% tax-deductible because STO4KIDZ is a 501(c)3, non-profit charitable organization.
This is such a win/win for taxpayers and families with school-age children. We would be so grateful if you would consider supporting John's private education in helping us to lower his tuition.
I know this can be a bit overwhelming. Please watch a very short video below that explains this amazing program, and if you have ANY questions about this, please call me or Miriam 1.602.698.8855 at STO4KIDZ.
Thank you so much,
Chrissy & Chuck Williams