Making your school of choice more affordable
Through individuals and corporations who are given the opportunity to redirect their state tax liabilities towards education, STO4KIDZ in-turn utilizes these tax contributions to provide scholarships for qualifying students attending qualified private schools in Arizona. This enables families to send their children to their school of choice which best meet the needs of each individual child.
Families with multiple children need to apply for each child. However, one Household Income information is sufficient for the entire family each school year. Your student must be enrolled, or enrollment is in process at a K-12 private school in Arizona to be considered for scholarship awards. Each student must apply once per year; application is good for each school academic year and it expires at the end of each school year.
Several criteria are considered by the Award Committee when reviewing applications:
- Family financial circumstances (must provide supporting documents)
- A brief narrative about the student by parent/guardian
- Letters of recommendation for the student (considering student’s age)
- Student with disabilities: Pre-school -12 grades (Must provide supporting documents)
- Displaced students/ Foster child (must provide supporting documents)
Scholarship Application Timeline:
One application per school year for each student for all four types of scholarship awards (Individual Original & Switcher, Corporate Low Income & Disabled/ Displaced):
- January 1 – August 17 application deadline for the 1st Individual and Corporate awards on August 30th. However, we accept applications throughout the year for each academic calendar year.
- December 1, application deadline for the 2nd LI Corporate award, pending fund is available.
- April 1, application deadline for the month of May Individual Original and Switcher awards
Contribution/ Donation & Scholarship Award Timeline:
- Individual Original and Switcher scholarship awards are distributed MONTHLY, starting August 31. Recommended contributions received by STO4KIDZ, by or before the 15th of each month are considered for scholarship awards by the last day of that month; if that day falls on a weekend or a holiday, schools will receive the scholarship checks on the following Monday.
- Corporate scholarships are awarded to qualified students twice a year, August 31 and December 21, pending fund is available.
- December: Individual contributions will be processed through 12/31/18. Awards on 12/21/18 & 1/8/19.
- April: Individual contributions will be processed through 4/15/19 (or adjusted IRS date) and will be considered for awards on 4/30/19.
*Families receive an email when their student receives an award during the last week of each month.
- All K-12 students can be recommended by Individual donors and can receive Individual Original scholarship awards.
- Future Kindergarten students: Contact us to learn of many resources available to you
- Tuition Tax Credit Workshops and chance to WIN a prize for your student (SignUpGenious on our Homepage)
- Add these emails to your contact list: Info@sto4kidz.org and Miriam@sto4kidz.org
- Contact us with any question: 602.698.8855 or Info@sto4kidz.org