Submit your online application for each student per school year between April 15 - June 1, OR November 1 - December 1.
Each application is valid for the entire school year for all 4 award types and must be renewed annually. Parents/guardians must submit one application per school year per student. One application considers your child for all four types of scholarship awards: Individual Original, Switcher, Corporate Low Income, and Corporate Disabled/Displaced.
STO4KIDZ AWARDS ALL 4 TYPES OF TUITION TAX CREDIT FINANCIAL AID AWARDS:
- Individual Original, Individual Switcher, Corporate Low-Income (LI), Corporate Disabled/Displaced(DD)
WHEN TO SUBMIT YOUR STUDENT'S TUITION FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION:
- April 15 - June 1 OR
- November 1 - December 1
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE UPLOADED WITH THE APPLICATION TO VERIFY YOUR STUDENT ELIGIBILITY WITH US:
- Your 2021 Federal tax return 1040 Page 1 and 2 (File should not require a password)
ONLY IF YOU DO NOT FILE TAXES, then you MUST provide CURRENT applicable document such as listed below at the time of submitting your student's application:
- Social Security benefit statements
- welfare benefit statements (DES)
- Retirement benefit statements
- Proof of child support or alimony
- If household income has changed, must also upload the last two (2) most recent consecutive pay stubs for all income earners in the household
- If applicable: rental income, pension income, or an additional income
- If necessary, you may upload a letter further explaining your financial situation.
OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, IF APPLICABLE:
NOTE: One or more of these documents are required if applying for Switcher and/or Corporate Tuition Tax Credit awards.
- IEP/MET document
- Copy of the active Arizona military order
- Public/Charter school attendance verification. (See the form below)
- Prior Corporate/Switcher/Original award verification from other STOs (See the form below)
- Displaced (foster child) student verification form (See the form below)
- NEW! Transfer verification along with supporting documents for students who home-schooled directly prior to attending an AZ private school, OR students who canceled their ESA accounts, OR students who moved to AZ before enrolling into a qualified private school. (See the form below)
- Parent/Guardian must create an account to submit an application(s). and upload all required documents.
- You can update your personal/ family information at any time during the year.
- Do not submit multiple copies of your student's application, nor create multiple accounts. (This causes a delay in processing your student(s) application)
- Must submit one application each school year per student. Application is good for all four types of scholarship awards: Individual Original, Switcher, Corporate Low Income, and Disabled/Displaced.
- Applications expire on May 31st of each school year.
- If your student(s) receives a tuition discount from the school, list the tuition amount due AFTER the discount has been applied to your student(s) annual tuition fee.
- After submitting your student's application(s), STO4KIDZ will review each application, and notify you of the status of your student's application.
- All required documents must be uploaded from your portal for each application.
- STO4KIDZ MUST verify your student's enrollment and tuition balance with your private school. Submitting your application is your acknowledgment.
- STO financial aid awards will be posted and can be viewed/printed directly from your portal.
- NOTE: Tuition financial aid is made available through individuals and corporate donors who allocate their state tax liabilities toward Arizona K-12 private school students. Application is not a guarantee for STO awards, we encourage our applicants to be proactive and invite people you know to support your child with their redirected tax dollars. We do our best to award our applicants and come along your side to successfully utilize this program to offset your student's tuition fee.
- CONTACT US IF YOU NEED HELP OR HAVE QUESTIONS.
STO AWARD TIMELINE:
- A minimum of 90% of every dollar is awarded in scholarships to students.
- Individual contributions are awarded monthly (beginning August 31, through April 30 of each school year).
- Corporate contributions are awarded bi-annually, (beginning of each semester)
- All K-12 students can be recommended by Individual donors.
- Contributions/ Donations are accepted throughout the year
- Add STO4KIDZ to your safe email contact: INFO@STO4KIDZ.ORG & MIRIAM@STO4KIDZ.ORG
- Attend our Tuition Tax Credit Workshops and have a chance to also WIN a prize for your student.
- Contact us with any questions.
Next window to submit application for the 2022/23:
November 1 - December 1
Did you file for an extension on your 2021 taxes?
OCTOBER 15, 2022 is the deadline to email INFO@STO4KIDZ.ORG your tax documents and complete your student's application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for awards.